Frequently asked questions:
eforeB getting in contact with me about a potential project, you will undoubtedly have questions. Take a look at this FAQ to see if I can save you some time.
Q1: How long will it take?
:A I employ an extremely thorough and considered approach to my work (see question 2). Here is a turnaround guideline for the main services that I provide:
Translation: 2,000 words per day, but this varies according to the project, as some more complex or creative projects will take longer, even with a smaller word count.
Editing, Revision and Localisation: 3-4,000 words per day, but this depends on the quality of the text.
Writing: This completely depends on the nature of the project, the complexity of the task and the subject matter involved. I would be delighted to discuss your requirements.
Q2: How does it work?
1. I will examine your text or brief at the enquiry stage to determine whether we are the best fit, taking into account the subject area, format, urgency and complexity of the project. If I am not the best person for the job, I will happily point you in the right direction.
2. If I am suited to the project, I will send you a detailed quotation, which I will need you to sign to confirm our collaboration.
3. Once the project is confirmed, I will start by reading any reference material that you have provided, and familiarising myself with your particular field.
4. I may come back to you with questions before or during the translation stage, as collaboration ensures that the finished product is completely tailored to your purpose and target audience. I therefore ask for the details of a contact (this may be you or someone else).
5. I produce at least 2 drafts of the translation, before editing and proofreading it to ensure my best possible work.
6. I deliver the final text to you, on time and on budget, and ask for your feedback. I am committed to creating and maintaining long-term relationships with clients, and your satisfaction is paramount.
Q3: How much do you charge?
:A I charge per source word for translation work, per hour for editing, revision and localisation, and per thousand words for writing or blogging assignments.
Each project is different, depending on subject area, format, deadline, target audience, and purpose, but please take a look at my rate sheet as a guideline.
Q4: My text is very short (250 words or fewer). How much will that cost?
:A I have minimum charges for shorter texts, which are detailed on my rate sheet. For specific projects such as a slogan or tag line, I will assess projects on an individual basis.
Q5: I represent a charity/non-profit organisation. Can you help?
:A I can! If I’m not up to my eyes in other projects, I would be happy to help out. I have done volunteer translations before and I am happy to offer reduced rates for services involving charity projects.
Q6: When can I contact you?
:A My working hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. An additional charge may apply for evening and weekend projects.
Not what you were looking for?
Do you have a question that I have not already addressed? Please get in touch with me, and I’ll do my best to help!