I’m a bit late joining in with this series of posts because December has been one of my busiest months this year.
If you don’t get updates from me on Facebook or Twitter, you might not know that I have been completing my Master’s degree for the past two years, so it’s a real joy to completely focus on my business from now on.
Anyway, here’s how it works: Olga Arakelyan came up with the idea of inviting fellow translators to list as many of their favourite things as they can in 10 minutes, and I thought it would be a nice way to end another year of blogging. I’ve got the timer on, so here goes:
• My boyfriend – I’m a very independent person, but I can’t imagine life without him
• Herefordshire – my boyfriend and I were both born and brought up here (although we met at university), and this is absolutely where we want to be.
• Swansea and the Gower Peninsula, where I lived for five years. I miss this:
• New York City, or rather the idea of it. I *will* get there one day!
• Paisley pattern
• Doctor Who – oh yes.
• Snuggling up and listening to rain against the window
• Cheese – pretty much any kind
• Typography – I have a ridiculous amount of free fonts on my computer
• All variants of mint green, aqua and teal (but you’d guessed that, right?)
• Ranunculus and peonies
• That gorgeous smell after it rains
• German pretzels – the real, doughy ones
• Tartelettes aux framboises – I used to pick one up on my walk home from lectures in Geneva
• That feeling when a client gives you glowing feedback
• Invoicing – yes, really
• Planning trips all over the world that I can’t afford, either time-wise or money-wise
Right, my time’s up. I spent most of it trying to find the picture on my computer, but I hope you’ve got an idea of the kind of things that make me tick.
Thanks to Olga for coming up with this idea – it was fun!
I hope that you all have a wonderful festive period – if you celebrate this time of year – and have a brilliant start to 2014.